Thursday, August 12, 2010

A Post

Hello. I'm writing this while sitting on the mattress of my bed. Just the mattress, since both the pad and my sheets have gone MIA. I've noticed that there appear to be several stains on the mattress itself, which my mother tells me is not good. They are yellowish brown in color, and I have no idea how they got there. Perhaps I am a closet bed-wetter? Hm. Perhaps. However, I suspect if that was the case, I would have found out about it by now. I mean, there would be the smell, for one. Have you ever smelled stale urine? Quite distinct. And then there would probably also be a strange damp feeling in my pants every morning. I feel like it would be somewhat hard to miss that, but maybe I underestimate my own observational abilities.

To be honest, I don't really know what I hope to accomplish by starting this blog. I have far more useful things I could be doing. Enhancing my education. Working on a career. Washing my clothes. Painting my toenails. Yet, here I am, starting a blog that no one will probably ever read. And why should they, really? My life is pretty hum drum, for the most part.

But I suspect every blogger starts out with those sentiments. So I guess I'll cut them short.

Before I truly begin with my ramblings though, I feel as if I should explain the title of this blog to all my imaginary readers,  lest they get the idea that I will be filling this space with morose poetry, skeletal imagery, and Lovecraft quotes. (Ok, there may actually be some Lovecraft quotes at some point. I am rather a large fan of horror-esque things. But not the point.) Summoned to Darkness is a book, by Anne-Marie Sheridan.  It centers around the girl Meg Gaunt, and...well, I have to admit I really don't have the patience to give a detailed summary of the story. Suffice it to say, it involves Italy, love, murder, and an inheritance. It has been a favorite of mine for some time.

So, yes. That is why this blog is called what it is. Or maybe it was the fact that the book happened to be laying next to me and I didn't feel like spending hours coming up with a title. That could be it too.

I sort of feel like launching into this thing right now and talking all about my day and what (un)eventful things have been going on in my life, but then I think it might be a little bit of overkill for a first posting. Plus, I need to keep some things to myself to maintain my aura of mysterious allure. I will be like Dracula, only instead of drawing you in with hypnotism and promises of immortality I will use my girlish charm and feminine wiles.

Or perhaps I should leave you with a random tidbit of information about myself? That seems to be a good alternative, since, to be honest, I don't really have any femenine whiles. I love mismatched socks. That is my random tidbit. They're twice the fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment